Spring is Springing – the weather has been beautiful and yesterday I decided I was long overdue in spending some of my Christmas gift money.. I am finally super excited about our FAST approaching trip to Hawaii.. Even the checkout person at the store said my basket looked like Summer and I must be headed to the beach 🙂
I wanted to get myself a new bag / purse / whatever you want to call it… I looked and looked because I can’t just have a little dinky thing – I need to carry a whole bunch of stuff just in case…
I didn’t actually realize HOW much I had been carrying around until I dumped the contents of my now old bag out on the table this morning…
Hmm… no wonder my shoulder hurts carrying this thing around – all of the following are D related.
- ONE glucometer & lancing device – Eden uses to this test her blood sugar.. I now carry an extra one just in case because she has forgotten hers on multiple occasions..
- TWO containers of blood glucose test strips – yeah she always runs out at the worst possible times
- TWO tubes of hand sanitizer and SIX sachets of hand cleansing wipes – in case there is nowhere to wash hands
- SIX packets of fast acting glucose – fruit pieces – in case of a LOW blood sugar episode
- ONE quick stick – a different form of fast acting glucose
- ONE juice box – yet another source of fast acting glucose
- FIVE snack bars of different varieties – to assist in raising a LOW blood sugar – or for a child who is ALWAYS hungry
These are things I carry personally in CONJUNCTION to all of the items Eden carries with her everywhere she goes..
Glad I got a BIG new bag – it totally matches the size of the bags I carry under my eyes every day..