It’s a fact – I pretty much am ALWAYS thinking about Type 1 Diabetes in some way, shape or form..
- If Eden is home – it’s on my mind.
- If Eden is at school – it’s on my mind.
- If Eden is playing basketball – it’s on my mind.
- While I’m sleeping – I’m often dreaming about it.
- While I’m trying to sleep – I’m getting awoken by multiple alarms to check on Eden.
- In my spare time – I’m usually researching and or writing about it.
I think you get the picture…
This week it is on my mind a bit MORE than usual…
I was asked this week to do a short speech/presentation by a local T1D and advocate, Tony at Duck Fiabetes Norcal. He is working tirelessly to start a Diabetes Specialty Club through Lions Club International and will be presenting after the District meeting in their Diabetes Awareness Forum this Saturday. (thanks for all you do Tony!)
I am honored that he has chosen me as one of the speakers to share our story and journey with T1D.
I have been working on my speech for days now, writing and re-writing. I am quietly nervous as all heck – I DO NOT like to be the center of attention or speak in front of a large group.
I quite like hiding behind my computer and spreading awareness the way I do..
But it is time for me to seriously step out of my comfort zone for the betterment of Eden and the entire Type 1 Diabetes Community.
I can do it – I know I can…
We can do anything if we want to bad enough right?
I sure as heck want that CURE
so am going to do what I can to help spread awareness!