As you all know we have certainly had our T1D challenges of late..
It felt like we were starting to get a handle on things and then Spring Break happened.. and a complete change in routine
I have been VERY HAPPY with the lazy mornings and actually being able to catch up on some much needed sleep.
Eden has taken full advantage of this too – and quite honestly would probably sleep all day if I gave her the chance.
Spring Break has enabled me to see a number of things clearly D wise..
- We have pretty much got her nighttime basal rates set perfectly.
- Due to her sleeping in – I can see that we have her mid/late morning basal rates set perfectly.
- Eating at different times of day and more “treats” than usual has created an unknown for whether we have carb ratios set correctly and some low lows and high highs
- We still have some work to do for late afternoon and evening spikes that have now appeared
- Eden has done amazingly well with her D care whilst at home and with friendly reminders
- WE HAVE MADE AMAZING PROGRESS
Just a few short weeks ago we were looking at this… (we want to be in the GREEN)
Average blood sugar for the week was …. 209
crazy high spikes and randomness (Dex doesn’t give number above 400 – we had PLENTY of them)
One week later …
Average blood sugar for the week was …. 191
And the past 7 days …
Eden’s average blood sugar was 174
The progress we have made in a few short weeks has been AMAZING..
We have PROOF in pictures that our hard work is paying off and I couldn’t be happier right now 😃
Spring Break came at the perfect time and has definitely agreed with Eden – we still have a week left of break to go to do some more tweaking and then we will see how long it all lasts…
Until then – totally doing a well deserved happy dance …